The holidays are here but it’s too late to throw the perfect Christmas party. Parties bring people together and you want to make sure that everything goes according to plan, from the decorations all the way down to the food you’ll be serving. If you’ve never hosted a party before or if you just need a little extra assistance this year, Simple Joy Designs is here to share the secrets to throwing a successful and, more importantly, memorable Christmas party that people will be sure to talk about.
Start Planning Now
The holidays are the busiest times of the year, so it’s important that you plan far ahead to ensure you have all the items on your checklist ticked. When planning your party, send out your invitations with enough notice, especially when deciding to throw a party on Christmas Eve or any weekend in the month of December.
- Mark the calendar. To avoid clashing with anyone else’s holiday party or interfering with plans, choose the right date for your party.
- Decide who you want to invite. Make a guest list of the people you want to be there. Depending on what type party you’re hosting, you can invite close friends and family or coworkers. If you want it be a mixer, ask your guests to bring a plus one. Double check to make sure that your budget and the venue you’ll be hosting at can handle the amount of people opting to attend; this is when including an RSVP on your invitations comes in handy.
- Find the venue. If you decide to throw your party at your home, then that saves a lot of time trying to find a place. However, if you want to host your event at a restaurant or elsewhere, be prepared to reserve the space and do so quickly to avoid losing out.
- Send out those invitations. The earlier you send out your invites, the better off you’ll be. With the holidays being such a hectic, busy time for most people, you’ll need to send them off just as soon as you’ve decided on the date and where you’ll be having the party.
- Make a budget and plan your menu. If you’re on a tight budget, you can improvise and make it a potluck. If your budget allows, hor d’oeuvres are a classic choice that are perfect for mingling.
Just remember gathering are about the people, so whichever type of party you throw, relax and enjoy.
Do you feel like party planning isn’t your forte and need some help? Are you busy and need someone to handle all the little details? Simple Joy Designs strives to make your event unique to you and your guests; from the initial planning, to the food and decor, to the clean up, every detail is carefully thought out so you can host a party that you’ll remember for a lifetime.